2011 PIA SYMPOSIUM
2011 PIA SYMPOSIUM
The First Annual Rigger Rodeo has one event: a hands-on competition of speed
reserve packing. The competition will be held during the trade show portion of the
2011 PIA Symposium to be held in Reno NV. The Rigger Rodeo will be sponsored
and organized by the US Academy of Parachute Rigging.
The purpose of the Rigger rodeo is to provide a new event for the PIA Symposium,
and for riggers to showcase their personal packing skills. Any FAA rigger (Master or
Senior), OR Foreign Equivalent, is eligible to compete.
Individuals of all experience levels – young and old, new and experienced – are
invited to try their hands. Because of time constraints, the number of competitors
will be limited to 24. If more than 24 riggers apply, the USAPR will randomly select
24 contestants from among the applicants.
The USAPR will provide a trophy to the winning rigger.
Before the competition starts, the USAPR will hold a briefing to explain the rules,
answer questions, and determine the draw.
The competition is a single-elimination tournament. Each round will consist of one
or more pairs of riggers; each pair will pack identical harness/container/reserve
systems. The faster rigger of each pair will advance to the next round.
Each match will start with canopies unpacked, brakes unstowed. Competitors may
use any tools and techniques that comply with the intent of manufacturer
JUDGING AND SCORING
1. Harness/container manufacturers will provide riggers familiar with their
equipment to serve as Primary Judges for matches using their equipment.
The Primary Judges will ensure compliance with the intent of manufacturer
2. Each match will have a Primary Judge.
3. There will be a Supervising Judge who will assist Primary Judges in
determining time penalties for discrepancies.
4. Penalties will be based on the severity of discrepancies and will be added to
the packing time.
5. Damage to equipment will be disqualifying.
1. There will be four pairs of harness/container/reserves systems, a total of
eight systems for the competition.
2. Systems will be assembled without AADs or MARDs.
3. Before the beginning of the Rodeo, each rig system will be packed by the
manufacturer. A new closing loop will be installed by the Primary Judge
before each pack.
4. The USAPR will provide packing weights. Otherwise, contestants must
provide their own packing tools.
Click here for Rigger Rodeo Application Form Rigger Rodeo Application
- Related pdf books
- CLOTH, PARACHUTE, NYLON, CARGO AND DECELERATION
- MI Lt 5 46 F AMENDMENT 2 11 September 1984 SUPERSEDING
- NSNNIIN Item Name
- PIA 2014 First Regular Meeting Chattanooga, TN
- PARACHUTE INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- Inilustry flssmiatiun tquilmeltt
- SUBJECT Aviacom Argus AAD installation approval in Rigging
- DeLuca Presentation 2007 - Parachute Industry Association
- Implementing Six Sigma Tools in ADEST Bill Ricci Aerial ...
- Room1 Room2 Rigging Room 1 Rigging Room 2
- CLEVELAND, Dec. 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TransDigm Group ...
- PIA Washington Visit Day - PARACHUTE INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
- PIA Technical Standard TS108 Parachute Industry Association
- 2011 PIA SYMPOSIUM
- PARA NEWSBRIEFS
- Manufacturer Product Service Bulletin
- PIA CANOPY STUDY TS-104.18
- Popular epubs
- 9° Symposium 9° Symposium 9° Symposium 9° Symposium ...
- GCB Students\' Symposium 2011: Programme
- Microsoft Word - legacy Treasury Direct PIA January 15 2010
- Philippines - PIA Information Services - Philippine ...
- Moartea ultimului concurent de pe pia a zah rului. ţ ă
- Accounting Technology Symposium Accounting Technology Symposium
- — WCW POETRY SYMPOSIUM OVERVIEW— COME TO A POETRY SYMPOSIUM ...
- CLIMATE GRAPH Name: Date: 140 m ' 80 I E -10 ' F PIA M J J A so ...
- Deelnemerslijst Symposium 'Duurzaamheid on stage! Van inspiratie ...
- XIII WEURMAN FLAVOUR RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM Scientific Program
- 25 Chamberlain St.
- Privacy Impact Assessment